Skip to main content

Bolt set for UK date

The fastest man on the planet, Usain Bolt, is preparing for a unique 150 metre street race in Manchester on the 17th of May. The Jamaican sprinter, who destroyed both fields in the 100m and 200m finals at the Bejing Olympics, will face British sprinters Mark Lewis-Francis and Simeon Williamson in what promises to be an intriguing contest.

Bolt, talking ahead of the proposed clash, said “I am very excited to compete for my first time in Manchester, my first time in a 150m race and my first time in a street race. I love competing in the UK, it is like my second home as I usually stay in London uring the European racing season.”

“When I heard about the idea I thought it would be great fun and something new and exciting. Hopefully this event will be the start of many more similar events all over the world and inspire kids to take up athletics. “I am also looking forward to going to Old Trafford to support my team,” he said. “I’ve wanted to come to a match for a long time and am delighted to get the opportunity.”


It’s the question on everyone’s lips, but just what is the answer? After storming to victory in the women’s 800 metres World Championship final last week, the South African athlete has found herself in the media spotlight over question marks surrounding her gender.
The 18 year-old may have returned home to a heroes welcome on Tuesday, but her ‘gun-show’ pose at Johannesburg airport done little to quell the rumours that she was in fact born with something between her legs.
The IAAF appear to be lurking ominously, ready to snatch the gold medal that she won so convincingly in the Olympiastadion.
It’s yet to be confirmed that the IAAF are analysing the footage below in their investigation into Semenya’s gender.

Comments